Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

You Hungry, Sista?

 

What is your hunger pang? Are you hungry...for truth?
"...you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."
John 8:32
 
Hey Sistas, does any of the following sound familiar?
She has a major case of battle fatigue from believing lies from her dark enemy. She’s been absorbing these lifelong lies about herself: that she’s worthless, good-for-nothing, and unforgiveable. She is truth hungry! Sometimes it’s so hard for her to feed herself the truth of God’s word because she’s exhausted from trying to resist the deceitful voices screaming in her head. Sometimes she gives into the lies and then clothes herself in guilt, shame, fear and anxiety. Her weariness wakes up her old belief system and it creates sleepless nights. Even her daylight hours seem to drag on and on.
However, since she’s a Christ-follower, this doesn’t happen to her every day, it’s just when she doesn’t put on the spiritual armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18).  “If you hold onto my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).
The blood of her Savior Jesus Christ has washed her clean and He delivered her from a deep dark abyss. Her relentless enemy –the enemy of all of God’s people – lies to her so she’ll fall back into her dark pit of despair. He thinks he can rob Jesus of this adorable trophy of His grace. But that’s not going to happen.  She is a follower of the Good Shepherd Jesus Christ and He says of His sheep, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand” (John 10:27-28). She is no longer a pit dweller; she lives in “green pastures” and Jesus “restores her soul” (Psalm 23:2-3).                
She has the Holy Spirit living inside of her and He reminds her to put her eyes back on Jesus, the source of all truth. “I am the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6).
She cries out to God in prayer and He always hears her. She begins to feed herself on the truth of Scripture. “The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles” (Psalm 34:17).
He reminds her of His love and faithfulness. “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing” (Zephaniah 3:17).
He is her sovereign protector. “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). 
He is compassionate. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23). 
He removes her fears. “The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1) 
He is good to her. “Taste and see that the LORD is good and blessed is the [sista] man who takes refuge in him” (Psalm 34:8). He promises to “surround [her] me with songs of deliverance” (Psalm 32:7). And He does. He turns her “mourning into gladness” (Jeremiah 31:13).
She sings. “I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and game me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD” (Psalm 40:1-3). The Sista has been fed the truth of God’s word and she daily devours it. Yes, it is the LORD who “fills the hungry with good things” (Psalm 107:9).
πŸ’–--Polly Balint Copyright 2012 Totally Devoted 3, pg. 74
This is my third book. 
[Amazon link to all my books is on sidebar on right.]



4 comments:

  1. Thank you God for using Polly's writing to encourage us in your Word. We need to feed on this by the hour if we want to renew our minds in CHRIST 🎡🎼🎡 I am who you say I am! Chosen, not forsaken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That’s my desire—to encourage others in my writing and speaking!!! Thank you so much! πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Biblical truths are literally being exhibited each and every day in my (our) life! Recently spending vacation time with family members, I saw first-hand how the Enemy threw his fiery darts to try to cause hatred and chaos between family members. But thanks to Polly's (and the Lord's) reminder to always be sober and vigilant and aware of the enemy's tactics, the Believers in my family recognized it and prayed the blood of Jesus over the situation and God healed and reconciled multiple situations! Praise Him for His love that endures forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Praise the Lord! πŸ™Œ There is no one like our God—-once again we witness that with Him all things are possible! May God bless you for sharing this news with all of us! πŸ’–

      Delete

Dearest Reader,
I welcome your comments and suggestions! Engaging with my readers is a blessing to me!
Thanks...and blessings!
Polly